Thursday 12 February 2009

The first picture.

This is the first picture Jan and I have decided to get inspiration from. The character on the right is Quetzalcoatl and his Twin Xolotl is on the left.
Now, I know that Jan is inundated at work at the moment, but she is sketching away.
I don't want to show you too much of my work as I don't want to influence her but here is a little peek as the piece I have been working on.

For this I focused on the headband. I love the shapes in it.
I started with navy dress velvet and applied handpainted and embroidered fabrics. All was covered with a chiffon scarf and stitched in place. I cut the chiffon away from the velvet using a soldering iron. I added some beads along the orange shapes and satin stitched the edges.
I think I will frame this piece.
Alis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this post...wow the picture is stunning - so much there to inspire - can't wait to see what you both do :)
Jill